Four Boys Rescued As Thai Cave Rescue Operation Begins

(08-07-2018)

Four members of the youth football team who have been trapped inside Thailand’s Tham Luang cave for two weeks have reached safety, Thai officials have said. It was earlier claimed that six had been rescued. The first two boys from the Wild Boar academy team reached the surface before 6 PM local time (12 GMT). Eighteen divers began a daring rescue mission on Sunday to free the 12 Thai boys and their football coach from deep inside the cave in Thailand’s northern Chiang Rai province. Narongsak Osottanakorn, Chiang Rai’s governor, said the conditions for the rescue were the best they had been since the young football team was discovered by British cave divers on Monday night. They have been trapped for two weeks after being blocked in by rainwater while exploring the cave.

“Today is D Day. The boys are ready to face any challenges,” rescue chief Narongsak Osottanakorn told reporters near the cave site as weather forecasters warned of more monsoon rains late on Sunday that would cause more flooding in the cave. Not long after the international media was ordered away from the cave’s entrance, a team of 13 international divers and 5 Thai Navy seals began the rescue mission, the Thai government announced. Narongsak Osottanakorn, the governor of Chiang Rai province, said that in addition to the Thai team, the rescuers were from the US, Australia, China and Europe. With water levels reaching their lowest parts in one of the chambers in the last 10 days, it was decided that now was the best time to get the boys out. More rains are expected in the coming days, and oxygen levels were rapidly depleting. After an unseasonal dry spell, and furious efforts to pump out deep floodwater from the 2.5-mile narrow passageway separating the boys from the exit, the water was now at its “lowest” levels to date and most of the path was walkable, he said. “A new storm is coming. If we wait and rain water comes in, our readiness will be lower than now,” said the governor.

“I can assure that they are ready and they are determined and ready to be extracted. The boys are determined get out and their families are all informed and agreed with the decision,” Narongsak Osotthanakorn said. “I am asking everyone to wait for an update but we need the support from all and your best wishes for the successful of this operation.” The rescue team includes 13 international divers and five Thai navy seals. The rescue operation began at 10am and the boys, aged 11-16, and their 25-year-old coach, will be taken out one by one, accompanied by two divers each. Maj. Gen. Chalongchai Chaiyakam said the whole operation could take approximately two to four days, “depending on weather and water conditions”. An Australian doctor assessed the boys on Saturday night and gave the all clear for the taxing physical journey. Earlier examinations had concluded that they had been too weakened by the ordeal of their first week with no food to subject them to a perilous dive. Concerns have been running high all week the children, some of whom reportedly cannot swim, may panic while passing through murky floodwater in a labyrinth of jagged passageways that have challenged even the most experienced of divers.

The death of former Navy Seal diver, Saman Kunan, 38, who ran out of oxygen on Thursday night as he was delivering air tanks through the cave network, highlighted the dangers of an underwater extraction. An update Saturday from the Thai navy said three navy SEALs were with the boys and their coach, one a doctor. The 13 were having health evaluations and rehabilitation, and were being taught diving skills. Food, electrolyte drinks, drinking water, medicine and oxygen canisters have been delivered to them. A major concern of the rescuers is that oxygen levels in their safe space could fall dangerously low. Rescuers have been unable to extend a hose pumping oxygen all the way to where the boys are, but have brought them some oxygen tanks. But Navy Seals, who have remained with the boys since Monday, have been training them how to use scuba gear, and they may be given full face masks to help keep them calm. Medical teams have been rehearsing evacuation drills for days, and a helicopter may be used to whisk the boys quickly to hospital. On Sunday morning, the media and all unnecessary personnel were asked to leave the entrance of the site, to give rescue teams more space to work.

The rescue mission is far from over. To reach the boys, divers must navigate a series of dark, flooded tunnels for up to six hours. With the entire round trip taking roughly 11 hours to complete, it could be days before the entire group emerges. Describing the “very smooth operation,” Chiang Rai Governor Narongsak Osottanakorn said the boys were rescued using full face masks. The first one was rescued about three hours ago. He said the clock is continuing to tick for the remaining boys, and rescuers are going to focus on replacing the oxygen tanks so they can continue the operation. He said he didn’t know when they would be able resume getting out the boys, but he estimated in approximately 10 hours, but no more than 20. Narongsak Osottanakorn said on Saturday that experts told him water from new rain could shrink the unflooded space where the boys are sheltering to just 10 square meters (108 square feet). “I confirm that we are at war with water and time from the first day up to today,” he said. “Finding the boys doesn’t mean we’ve finished our mission. It is only a small battle we’ve won, but the war has not ended. The war ends when we win all three battles — the battles to search, rescue and send them home.”

The boys and their coach became stranded when they went exploring in the cave after a practice game June 23. Monsoon flooding cut off their escape and prevented rescuers from finding them for almost 10 days. The ordeal has riveted Thailand and made global headlines, and the search and rescue operation has involved international experts and rescuers. President Donald Trump said in a tweet on Sunday: “The U.S. is working very closely with the Government of Thailand to help get all of the children out of the cave and to safety. Very brave and talented people!”

感谢安顺选民!倪可敏:我入不入阁都会努力为选民服务

(安顺8日讯)行动党霹雳州主席兼安顺区国会议员倪可敏说,他的安顺粉丝从报章上得知他无法入阁出任部长,相拥痛哭失眠。倪可敏对粉丝们的热爱和支持非常感动,并在昨晚出席安顺三民华中70周年校庆晚宴上演讲时,中断演讲向粉丝作90度鞠躬,以表达心中的谢意。“我入不入阁,都会努力为安顺人服务。即使我没担任部长,我相信会作出比部长更好的服务,因为目前担任部长的领袖都是我的好兄弟姐妹。”

“富贵于我如浮云,有没有入阁,我都会努力为民服务!”在第14届全国大选移师到安顺国会议席硬碰民政党全国主席马袖强的行动党霹雳州主席倪可敏,对于胜选后没有受委入阁当部长表示毫不介怀,并誓言一定会努力为民服务。在509大选竞选期间,民主行动党秘书长林冠英曾亲口许诺,只要倪可敏在大选中胜出,而希望联盟又赢得中央政权,那么倪可敏肯定可获得部长职。

如今希盟如愿赢得中央政权,但是首相马哈迪所宣布的25名内阁部长中,倪可敏却是名落孙山。 倪可敏也是安顺区国会议员,他昨晚出席安顺三民华中70周年校庆时,向在场的逾千名安顺人民说,虽然他没有入阁,但一样会努力为民服务,甚至做得比部长更好。

“就算没有担任部长,我相信一样会做得更好,甚至比部长更好。内阁里有很多我的兄弟姐妹,他们都会帮助我更佳的为民服务,带来发展与贡献。”他说,很多人都关心他无法入阁的事,更有安顺妇女致电向他哭诉,说为了此事伤心得痛哭失眠。为此,他也向在场者90度鞠躬,以感谢安顺人对他的关怀。他也移交5000令吉拨款给三民华中,及另5000令吉给三民华小一校。

电视爱情

一整晚都睡得很香甜。爬起来,推开房门,门口走廊处的长凳放了一个面盆和一个热水瓶,一定是阿札给我们准备的洗脸用的。我踩着木板梯级下楼,到后院去小解,再绕回母屋想跟阿咪她们道个早安。一进屋,见到一个年轻男子,我想他应该是曹老师了。​“曹老师?”对方羞涩的点点头。“我先上去洗个脸,待会再谈。”我转身就上楼去洗漱,阿札正好抱了阿沙姆出来。我一见阿沙姆就开心,一叫她“阿沙姆啊,”他咧嘴就笑了。阿札下楼为我们准备早餐,我把剑强给叫醒。等我们都洗漱完毕,丰富的早餐就端放在火塘处的桌子了。我们和曹老师一起吃,他没有像阿咪和阿札那样躲开我们。曹老师是个很害羞的年轻人,很难想象他如何面对学生。曹老师原名浓峬茨儿,

后来他的汉人老师为他取了曹建新的汉名。再后来,曹老师又为他的姐姐的女儿啊呀且史拉从取名为曹智。​曹智昨晚吃饱饭就不见人影了,摸黑到另一户人家家里看电视。电视的入侵对摩梭人的生活起了很大的改变。以往一家人围在火塘一起吃饭、商量事务、话家常,再喝一点苏玛里米酒,聊到临睡前,感情都这样凝聚起来。除此之外,篝火晚会也会常常举行,男男女女手拉手围绕篝火跳舞唱歌,情投意合的年轻男女趁机互传情意,乡民也愉快地取悦交际。现在像大落水因旅游业的带动,人们收入好了起来,电器也就开始出现了。生活形态逐步改变,接下来就是思想的变更。​摩梭人本来没有婚姻制度,开走婚来维持关系。他们不会“忠于”一个伴侣,如果感情不再,

就分手,没有所谓的道德罪恶感。他们没有“情杀”这个字眼,也不了解那是什么意思。对他们来说,不再喜欢一个人是可以理解的心态,而且这个世界的男人女人那么多,为什么要为一个不再喜欢自己的人自杀?但是现在不一样了,那些多以爱情为主导的电视节目冲击着摩梭人对爱情价值观。爱情对摩梭人来说本来就是两情相悦的自然情感,这当中不存在占有和契约。电视节目里大量的俗世爱情观和摩梭人的文化抵触的,比如“一生一世”、“爱你一辈子”等爱情宣言慢慢产生催化作用,他们的观念和社会结构因此有所动摇。​听说现在有些摩登的摩梭人,为了显示自己已“文明”了,会指着挂在墙上的结婚证书,一再强调自己是合法结婚的。当他们逐渐不认同摩梭文化的当儿,

母系社会的架构就松垮了,男尊女卑的父系社会价值即将取代原有的宝贵文化。​我想,影响摩梭人的还不止爱情,言语词汇的吸收而必定改变他们的言行举止。​摩梭人的本性和言谈其实体现了文明一面。他们彼此尊重,不用激烈的语言攻击对方。摩梭语言极度的纯净,根本没有一句是针对身体器官的脏话。根据周华山的研究,唯一一句针对男人“尼子”的指责,也不过是失败和无能的意思。他们最“恶毒”的一句脏话是“马吉”,也是断你家的根基,并非绝子绝孙的意思。摩梭人起争执时,骂人的话都很含蓄,还有点令人啼笑皆非,比如:“我山中的大树已插在你山上,并茂盛的茁壮成长”、即使最高山上流下来的水,也必须经过桥下流过“、“你家的马至今仍未配备适当的马鞍,

只有一副破烂陈旧不合适的马鞍”等等。​曹老师很安静,我问一句他才答一句。我好奇向他打听学校的事。他说他一人负责教导15个分别为一、二年级的孩子。年纪在长一些孩子就必须到另一个较远的村子去寄宿上学。那些三年级的孩子,年纪小小就必须学习自己照顾自己,洗衣做饭都自己来,很是不容易。​小落水的学校我和剑强昨天闲逛的时候去看过了,很是简陋,就两间一新一旧的木板课室,还有一个不成形的篮球场。曹老师说,新课室是一个日本人捐建的,但由于“大人物”还没来剪彩开张,至今都还没启用。​“为什么不请那个捐钱的日本人来剪彩呢?”我和剑强都觉得课室建好了却不能用很是讽刺。曹老师很无奈的笑笑,不懂如何回答我们。​9点之前,

曹老师带着曹智一起去学校,一个教书,一个上课。他们走后,轮到阿札离开,今天到他去修路。然后是阿咪背着阿沙姆去田里干活,我们是最后离开的。​我和剑强徒步到下一个叫大嘴的村子去逛逛。走在沙石坡路上,天的蓝和泸沽湖的蓝连成一体,平静的像一面明镜。湖中有人撑着猪槽船。​途中有一个老妇女穿着摩梭传统服装从湖边走上来,看见我们笑着就说起摩梭话来。他拉了我的手,直接把我带到他家去。来到他窄小寒酸的家,我才直到曹老师的家算是富裕了。但摩梭人的热情部分贫贱富贵,老妇炒瓜子和烧茶水招待我们。可惜剑强的相机坏了,泸沽湖的美景和可亲的摩梭人没拍到几张,很是遗憾。​道别老妇走来时路时,我感觉像回家。阿咪(母亲)一定在等着我们回去。

巴基斯坦前总理涉腐败入狱10年

(8-7-2018)

(伊斯兰堡7日综合电)巴基斯坦前总理谢里夫,因伦敦豪华公寓案被控涉嫌腐败,周五被位于首都伊斯兰堡的法院,宣判10年监禁,被罚款1050万美元(约4300万令吉)。其女儿玛尔亚姆获刑7年,被罚款260万美元。巴基斯坦前安全官员萨夫达尔阿万也获刑1年。谢里夫称,上述指控是出于政治动机。

谢里夫目前人在伦敦,照料其身患重病的妻子。巴国各地谢里夫支持者对判决感愤怒,激动流泪,群起反呛法院司法已死!有人在街头烧轮胎抗议。巴基斯坦将在本月25日举行选举,反贪法庭的判决对谢里夫所属的巴基斯坦穆斯林联盟(PML-N)是一严重打击。预计谢里夫将对法庭判决提出上诉。

2016年,谢里夫及其家族被指责存在腐败问题,调查委员会开始查证工作;2017年7月10日,报告出炉,巴基斯坦最高法院受理了该案件;2017年7月17日,巴基斯坦最高法院开始审理谢里夫贪腐案;2017年7月28日,巴基斯坦最高法院以涉贪腐为由,宣布取消总理谢里夫的任职资格。

巴基斯坦最高法院调查小组的报告中称,谢里夫家族来自商业的所得不足以解释其家族财富之多。他的子女也被指控签署伪造文件,掩盖伦敦豪华公寓的所有权。

全马最年轻国会议员 柏拉巴卡兰:年龄并非服务人民的障碍

(8-7-2018)

即将召开的第14届国会将迎来最年轻的峇都国会议员柏拉巴卡兰(P Prabakaran)。以独立人士上阵,尔后加入公正党的22岁柏拉巴卡兰,每天马不停蹄与不同人的会面,游走在课业和人民代议士身份中,并探索着如何成为一名国会议员。于1996年2月8日,出生于冼都的柏拉巴卡兰是第四代的冼都人居民,他的祖父曾在马来亚铁道公司(KTM)任职通信工作人员。仍在攻读法律系的他,是家里的老幺,与兄长、父母和祖父一起居住。幸运的是,即便他上阵的是公正党前国会议员蔡添强的地区,不过当地居民不会因为他的年龄唾弃他,反而全力支持他上阵。

问:你担任峇都国会议员后至今,做了些什么?答:我在忙于处理民生问题,不仅是峇都,也有其它不同地方,譬如蒂蒂旺沙和旺沙玛珠,我协助一些居民处理个案。我与所有的印裔国会议员讨论印裔社群的问题,包括帮会和教育课题。问:你打算如何治理峇都问题?答:我现在尝试解决的最主要问题,那就是皆得花园(Taman Kaya)的排水问题。由于无法排水,所以逢雨必灾,我已经向吉隆坡市议会反映,迟点也会与他们会面。

其它的就是人民租屋计划课题,我也在专注于发展峇都,类似重新发展计划。举例来说,重新发展人民组屋和所有的市场,同时与吉隆坡市议会合作处理峇都的道路。另外,根据警方调查显示,峇都罪案在受控制情况下有所下降。教育方面,我计划探访所有峇都的学校,但基于国会很快就复会了,我忙于准备问题和阅读有关国会的法律书籍。问:你与峇都居民协会会过面了吗?答:我与皆得花园、美联花园、五条石、打昔英达花园和峇都姆达人民组屋等居民会面了。

很开心可以与居协会面,因为他们向我反映了民生问题。要是他们没有把工作做好,将会引起草根居民不满。最好是让居协与居民接触,他们将会向我反映问题。问:峇都居民都给予什么回馈?答:人民组屋问题、电梯、卫生、安全、盗窃、排水和为居协筹募资金等问题。问:目前2020年吉隆坡城市规划被大力推动,你会怎样支持呢?答:我们与一些非政府组织会面,他们每个都会为我们拟出问题以在国会提问。问:作为国会议员,你如何平衡自己的生活呢?答:我现在是全职国会议员,没有多想私人时间,因为我乐在其中。

这与我的个人生活不谋而合,可以去接触不同的人,从中得知峇都问题。去警局和警察交流是很有趣的事情,可以从他们身上学习很多,而且也可聆听他们遇到的问题。问:你从他们那里得到什么反馈呢?答:他们不认为我的年龄是问题,他们都尊重作为国会议员的我,我为此感到非常开心,因为年龄不是我的阻碍。就好像今天,与数个发展商会面,他们愿意与我合作,提出他们的问题和日后在峇都的计划。我觉得很好,你可设想要是一位普通22岁的男孩与他们交谈,你认为他们会理睬吗?不会。问:你打算在来临的国会提出什么课题?

答:我将会提出涉及全国性的峇都课题,比如贫困的城市人和居民缺乏日常用品问题;青年方面,我会要求一些运动项目,另外还有教育以及企业发展。问:你会为青年提出什么计划吗?答:身为国会议员,我将会推行团结国家和峇都青年的项目,建立一个让青年改善生活素质的平台。与其它非政府组织合作掌握英语、如何变得更创新,这些都会在国会结束后展开,诸如此类的。问:第一天踏入国会会有什么期许?答:我在思索着我被安排坐在什么位置,椅子又是怎样的,以及22岁的男孩在国家元首面前宣誓。

我期望所有事务可以和平地进行,并得到人民支持,期望所有事情可以顺利进行。我也希望驱动青年,激发他们为国家服务的精神。爱国是很重要的,我们爱国家的话就会为国家付出和做出发展;相反的,你不爱国的话就不会做任何事情,这是新的马来西亚,我希望一切可以顺利进行。